Benefits of White Tea
It seems everyone talks about the health and weight loss benefits of green tea - which personally I don’t like the taste of - but not many mention white tea. It definitely should be acknowledged more because this tea is one heck of a hot drink.
- Antioxidants - White tea is essentially a younger, non-fermented version of green and black tea. Studies have shown that it contains three times the amount of antioxidants as green tea! These are helpful in preventing cancers, free-radical damage and oxidation and can protect our skin from the sun and help boost our general health.
- Weight Loss - Green tea is recommended for weight loss but white tea is just as good if not better. White tea boosts the metabolism and contains more of the compounds like methylxanthines and polyphenols thought to be active on human cells. Research has found that white tea extract inhibits the generation of new adipocytes (fat cells) while also stimulating existing fat cells to break down the fat they contain.
- The Immune System - Like green tea, white tea stimulates the immune system. White tea however, also has very potent anti-microbial properties. White tea extract has been found to kill disease causing organisms and is more effective than green tea at inactivating bacteria and viruses. White tea also has a anti-fungal effect: excess yeast in the body (Candida albicans) can cause bloating, water retention, weight gain, sluggishness among many other things. Therefore, anything that can lower the levels of yeast will aid weight loss and help flatten your stomach.
- Bone density - Research suggests regular consumption of white tea can increase your bone density lowering your risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Heart health - White tea has been shown to help thin blood, lower blood pressure and cholesterol and improve artery function. All important for a healthy circulatory system.
In conclusion, this tea is pretty damn amazing and I’m making a cup right now ;) fit—is—fabulous
I want some now :o